A floor-to-ceiling shelving unit, with space for both display and storage. Italy, 1970s. Double bay version available separately.
The shelving unit is made up of separate components - uprights, cupboards and shelves - which could be used as a single run, or separated into two single bays. We are showing it here as a single run, and the dimensions refer to the second image.
The set is made of wood, finished in walnut, with black metal uprights running between the floor and ceiling. The larger cupboards sit at the lowest point, while the smaller cupboard and shelves can be positioned according to your needs. The cupboards are veneered to all sides except the back; shelves are veneered to all sides.
The components are:
- Four floor-to-ceiling uprights
- Three cupboards with double doors (two with a glass internal shelf)
- One fall-front cabinet
- Seven shelves with shelf hangers
The set is in original vintage condition with an aged character, and in overview presents nicely, however, it's worth noting there are age-appropriate signs of wear inside and out, such as scratches, small knocks, small dents and minor losses (typically around the fixing holes inside the cabinets). The hinges of the lower cupboards are early examples of concealed hinges and would benefit from replacement. We have categorised the set as in "fair" condition to reflect this. If you would like more details or additional images please just drop us a note.
Approximate dimensions as shown: H 300-303cm x W 277cm x D 45cm
- Height has some capacity for micro-adjustment through the brass screws top and bottom
- The uprights end in spikes at the ceiling; the spike is not included in the overall height.
- Uprights can have feet and headers removed for shipping, reducing height to around 280cm
- Widest point is the outer edge of the floor / ceiling pieces
- Each lower cabinet: W 90cm (including the wrap around the uprights) x D 45cm x H 50cm
- Shelves: W 88cm x D 35.5cm x H 2cm
- Upper cabinet: W 90cm x D 36cm x H 40cm
- Diameter of floor ceiling pieces 7cm
The set will be dismantled for shipping.
Please be aware this set is designed to be positioned between the floor and the ceiling - it does not attach to the wall - and will require suitable installation to ensure strength and stability. The uprights end with spikes at the ceiling end.